Shop fined, others warned over faulty USB chargers

Shop fined, others warned over faulty USB chargers

By Jacob Kagi

A store in the southern Perth suburb of Thornlie received a $1,250 infringement after a woman suffered an electric shock last month after being sold a faulty device.

The issue was detected after Consumer Protection and Energy Safety audited devices being sold by more than 140 retailers across the state.

That investigation was carried out in the wake of the death of a New South Wales woman last month, who was electrocuted while using devices plugged into a charger that did not meet Australian standards.

Mr Bowron says all retailers found to be selling unsafe chargers have cooperated and removed them from their stores.

Producer’s predict Australia could become the world’s largest producer of the fungus delicacy. Clive Palmer‘s 7. 30 dummy spit capped a remarkable day, even by his headline-grabbing standards.

Nineteen other stores were found to be selling unsafe chargers - 17 in the metropolitan area and one each in Albany and Broome.

Read more here: ABC

    

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>