Tagged: ACCC

ACCC eyes Federation, Novion deal

By John Durie - The Australian The deal has copped some criticism because it is being conducted by way of a scheme of arrangement, which means Novion shareholders will be the only side to...

ACCC steps in over property deal

To restart Safari press and hold the Home button (for around five seconds) until the iPhone/iPad display goes blank and the home screen appears. Read more here: The Australian     

Carbon tax repeal saves less than promised

By AAP Prime Minister Tony Abbott promised a nine per cent drop in electricity prices and a seven per cent reduction in natural gas prices by scrapping the carbon tax. Electricity prices fell by...

Jeff Kennett says supermarket system will be fairer

When Coles settled the ACCC‘s unconscionable conduct claims last month, admitting that it had ‘crossed the line’ and offering to compensate suppliers, Mr Kennett agreed to step in between Coles and suppliers seeking recompense...

Supermarket system ‘will be fairer’

When Coles settled the ACCC‘s unconscionable conduct claims last month, admitting that it had ‘crossed the line’ and offering to compensate suppliers, Mr Kennett agreed to step in between Coles and suppliers seeking recompense...

ACCC will probe Qantas fuel surcharges despite changes

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission chairman Rod Sims said the regulator would query Qantas as early as this week over why a surcharge would remain in place for frequent flyer redemptions. "We are talking...

ACCC will probe Qantas fuel surcharges

Australian Competition and Consumer Commission chairman Rod Sims said the regulator would query Qantas as early as this week over why a surcharge would remain in place for frequent flyer redemptions. "We are talking...

Telstra's NBN migration plan gets the green light

By Supratim Adhikari It has also summarily dismissed the prospect of the regulation of Telstra’s HFC network by the ACCC. “Calls for the Migration Plan to allow for the possible declaration of Telstra’s HFC...

ACCC encouraged to investigate Tasmanian fuel prices

Tasmania’s peak motoring body says the island state is “the perfect place” for a fuel price investigation as it joins calls for Australia‘s competition watchdog to investigate the state’s petrol prices. “Just in our...

DataRoom AM: Ten’s takers

By Daniel Palmer In resources, South African-based AngloGold Ashanti has received interest in its 70 per cent stake in the Tropicana gold mine in WA, the AFR reports.  Independence Group, which holds the other 30 per cent of the $1....